Welcome to the Lions Save-Sight Foundation
The Lions Save-Sight Foundation officially commenced operations in January 1971 and has become one of the leading volunteer eye health organisations in Australia.
Our prime objectives include:
- Endowment of the Lions Chair of Ophthalmology to ensure continued Ophthalmic training for undergraduate medical students.
- Establish and support community based programmes and education initiatives aimed at preventing eye disease.
- Extensive support of research based programmes within the Lions Eye Institute.
- Ongoing support for the Lions Eye Bank.
- Provision of funding for the PDG Brian King Post Doctoral Fellowship and the Jack Hoffman Scholarship for eye health research.